Friday 11 November 2011

Aarberg

I took a trip to Aarberg back in October, it is in Kanton Bern around 20km away in fact and lies on the river Aar. I went by public transport which did take quite awhile and would recommend to go by car if you are travelling from far off places (Zurich). It has this lovely wooden bridge built in 1568, I walked along and then the new Aarberg springs up.



It has a lovely large square but is actually round which holds markets and festivals. I looked in the shop windows and at all the lovely buildings. It was Sunday so not even the cafes and restaurant were open yet.
This is a really cute bridge!





Once I had explored all possible routes I went back to get my train but if I had come with the car I could have gone on to Biel which is only about 7km aways or visited the many lakes in this region.

I really want to explore the French part of Switzerland, specifically Biel, Neuchatel, the lakes and Yverdon which is in Kanton Vaud. Plenty of time to do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment