Wednesday 16 November 2011

Basel Autumn Fair

The first weekend in November Alessio and I went to the autumn fair in Basel which last around just over 2 weeks. Even when I worked in Basel for 4 years I only ever went to the children from work, this was my first proper time! I had arranged to meet up to Marineide and Marco and their two boys Luca and Fabio. Alessio was pretty happy to see them again!Basel Herbstmesse as it is called in German is the largest and oldest funfair in Switzerland, dating back some 540years. It is spread out all over Basel with lots of different things to do and see. We concentrated on only 2 areas due to time and that the city was extremely busy.
First off we went to Barfusserplatz and Alessio went on some rides, there we ate Raclette and crepes.




We took the tram to Messeplatz and went into the indoor hall where Alessio went on more rides again and again.






I loved all these types of rides when I was a teenager now the only one I can go on is the big wheel.

We both had a lovely afternoon in Basel and it was great to see our friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment