Friday 18 November 2011

Ferrette - Alsace France

During the October holidays I visited my friend Alison and her family who live in Alsace, France. It was a short journey from Zurich (my first big drive since passing my test). This area in France is lovely and I always like to come here, on Sunday we visited Ferrette. We parked at the bottom of the hill and walked up, first passed the church.
The garden that you can just see is a herb garden, but is was not looking at its best.
The street we walked up was very pleasant with lots of lovely houses to see, like this one which is in fact a gite which is a holiday home for rental.



The ruined castle is 612m high and not much is left!

The views were just phenomenal, the mist was beginning to clear and we could only see in a certain direction.




Alessio and Lana enjoying a little snack with a view!

We walked back down the same street and to the car, it was a lovely town.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos! The one looking down on the houses far below gave me the vertigo! I think the Alsace region is one of France's hidden gems which is often unknown and avoided by tourists.It looks like you were lucky with the weather, the coldest day I ever experienced was in Alsace ... my fingers almost fell off!

    ReplyDelete