Monday 26 December 2011

Vintage Reaching Challenge 2012




Vintage Mystery Reading Challenge 2012



Vintage Themes:

1. Colorful Crime: 8 books with colors in the title
2. Murder by the Numbers: 8 books with a number in the title
3. Occupational Hazards: 8 books with a "detective" who is not a P.I.; Police Officer; Official Investigator (Nurse Keate, Father Brown, Miss Marple, etc.)
4. Perilous Policemen: 8 books with a policeman as the primary investigator
5. Lethal Locations: 8 books that are all about place (for instance: country houses, hospitals, schools or even particular cities/countries)
6. Dangerous Beasts: 8 books with an animal in the title (The Bat; The Canary Murder Case; etc.)
7. Deadly Decades: 8 books, one from each time period plus one of your choice (Pre-1900s; 1900-09; 1910-19; 1920-1929; 1930-1939; 1940-1949; 1950-59)
8. Golden Age Girls: 8 books by female authors OR 8 books with female detectives
9. Cherchez le Homme: 8 books by male authors OR 8 books with male detectives
10. Murderous Miscellany: Choose your own theme. Get creative--surprise us! The only stipulation is that the theme cannot be reading books by a single author.



I have decided to do the Vintage Reaching Challenge again this year as I enjoyed it very much last year and I love to read crime novels. It is different from last year, this year has themes to chose from and I am going to do the Colourful Crime theme, but all books must have been written before 1960.


1. The Greenwell Mystery by E. C. R. Lorac
2. The Mystery of Blue Train by Agatha Christie.
3 .Strange Murders at Greystones by Elsie N Wright.
4. The Five Red Herrings by Dorothy L Sayers.
5.
6.
7.
8.


Looking forward to the start!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I'm so glad you'll be joining us again. Good-looking list so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed reading about the books you read last year. Where do you get the inspiration to find the titles for the mystery themes?I'd be quite tempted to give it a go myself but need to browse for titles first. Wishing you a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I looked at the different books that the other readers chose and see what titles appeal to me and sometimes look up the jist of the book to see if I will like it. On the whole I like crime and the vintage books are usually all exciting!

    ReplyDelete