Monday 6 February 2012

Books and Films - January

So in January I managed to see 3 films, this was the second one and we all know about this film. Up for some awards I believe, I have read all 3 books and liked them. I did not see the Swedish film, I enjoyed this film a lot, both the main characters were great. I liked the scenery in Sweden, it looked very cold just like the weather we are having in Europe.

The first film I saw was New Year`s Eve, full of famous actors and their stories kind overlap at the end. It was ok but nothing special.

The third film was Hysteria with Hugh Dancy and Maggie Gyllenhaal. This was a very funny film, the term comes from a medical condition known to afflict mostly women, and the treatment (in the film anyway) was a pelvic massage given by the doctor. First identified by Hippocrates, he thought it was caused by a displaced uterus. Now is it no longer recognized as a medical disorder.





I read A Death in Calabria by Michael Giuttari, set in New York City and Calabria, it tells the tale of Mafia dealings, betrayal and revenge. I enjoyed this book a lot and would read more of his work.

Then I read A Study in Scarlet by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle for the Vintage Msytery Challenge I am participating in, so I will review it on another post.

Finally I read The Overlook by Michael Connolly which I picked up at a book swap I attend once a month on Mondays. If you know the author then you will know more or less what it is about. Crime novel set in LA, someone is murder and LAPD in conjuction with FBI are on the trail of the killer(s).


No comments:

Post a Comment