Friday 3 February 2012

A Day in Edinburgh

Early Tuesday morning back during Christmas time I took the train from Dundee to Edinburgh for day, I love to visit this wonderful city. Once I arrived I walked up from the train station on my way to Edinburgh Castle to walk The Royal Mile. The Royal Mile is from Edinburgh Castle to Palace of Holyrood.


I have not visited the Castle for ages and would go again, perched on an extinct volcano it has wonderful views of Edinburgh.
This is St.Giles Cathedral, also know as the High Kirk of Edinburgh.
This little chap is Greyfriars Bobby, is a Skye terrier who became famous in 19th century Edinburgh for spending 14years at the grave of his owner John Gray.
I went to the National Museum of Scotland for a few hours and enjoyed it very much, especially the floor about the history of Scotland.

As it started to get dark I walked through the Christmas market, stopped for some hot mulled wine. It is an assortment of food and drinks stalls, things to buy and a funfair.



A lovely day spent in the capital of Scotland, ended up buying lots of books no surprise there really.

No comments:

Post a Comment