Sunday 25 November 2012

October Books, Films and Concerts


It is hard to believe that November is nearly over, when it comes to movies in October I only managed to see two. One was The Bourne Legacy which I enjoyed a lot, I am a fan of Jeremy Renner anyway. I love all the Bourne movies and think he did a good job as the new agent. 

Then with Alessio we saw Madagascar 3 really funny for both kids and adults. Not sure Alessio got all the jokes, well he is only 6 years, he liked the music a lot.

I read five books, The Ice Princess by Camilla Läckberg set in Sweden a series of crime books with the character Erica Falck returning to her home town and finding an old friend dead. I enjoyed this book and now wait to read the next ones.

The last Symbol by Dan Brown having read all his other two books I got this out of a charity shop in Scotland. Again Robert Langdon gets in a bit of trouble when asked to give a lecture in the US Capital. It is all to do with the ancient world and you learn lots of interesting information.

The Janus Stone by Elly Griffiths, this is her second book about Dr Ruth Galloway set in Norfolk investigating the remains of a child. I have already read another in this series and really like all the characters and good story lines.

The Good Thief`s Guide to Venice by Chris Ewan and another great read from the chartiy shop, lots of humor and some crime set in Venice. 

Finally The Rule of Four by Ian Cadwell and Dustin Thomason, a bit of a strange book for me. It could be a little like a Dan Brown book in that it has to do with a very complex and rare book from 1499 called Hypnerotomachia Poliphili. One person is trying to unravel its mysteries and people seem to be dying.

October was a really good month for concerts first in Dundee I went with my sister to see Spector who were really great. Before they came on there were two other bands Swimm Deep and Splassh.

Then back in Zurich I saw an American band called We Are Ausgustines who I would really recommend to see if you have the chance to catch them. 

Then I saw Archive an English band they also were great, lots of good music and their support band was from Belgium called Abysithe Minded.

Lastly I saw Keane, they were also good, but not as good as the other bands I saw this month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment