Monday 24 December 2012

Christmas Markets in Zurich
















Since it is Christmas Eve I thought I would put a post up of the various Christmas markets that Zurich has to offer. Today is usually the last day for most markets, some already had their last day yesterday. I visited a few yesterday and some today, as it was really a lovely sunny day.

The Christmas markets usually begin the last weekend in November and there are 4 different ones and they all vary in sizes. The biggest being the one in  Zurich main station which has the Swarovski tree glittering in the middle. Over recent years a small one opened at Bellevue which I like a lot, it has a big hut kind of in the centre where you get the food and glühwein.

There is one in the old town but I never visited it this year and a food and drink area where the Singing Christmas tree is situated.

I did not manage to visit any other markets in Switzerland or abroad this year. Last year I went to the Nuremberg Christmas market with a friend and that was very nice.

Wishing everybody a Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment