Wednesday 27 March 2013

Photo of the Week - Scotland in Paris!


Last weekend I visited Paris with my friend Aimee for a long weekend, this was my 4th time in this wonderful city and it never bores me to go back again and again.

I managed to see some sights that were completely new for me and visit some old favorites, one of the new sights was all the padlocks on the Pont des Arts. Apparently the story goes a bit like this a couple writes their name on a padlock, locks it on the bridge and throws away the key.

It seems that it may be not good for the bridges to have all that extra weight and sometimes the lock are taken off. We crossed the bridge and stopped to take a photo of the river Seine and lo and behold as I looked down there was a lock with the words "Forever in Paris, Scotland" I am being totally honest with this story, and thought of all the spots to stop on the bridge I stopped here.

Anyway there will be so more post about lovely Paris to come and still some on Hong Kong!


2 comments:

  1. What a great story! And I do believe you as I'm sure there are many folks who can only stay in Paris through the locks. Love the idea of the locks on the bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post...

    Best of luck
    Rajiv
    www.magicalpresent.blogspot.com
    www.magnificentdewdrops.blogspot.com ..

    ReplyDelete