Friday 24 May 2013

Hong Kong Life Part 2









The Blue House

Who are you taking a photo of?




Peaceful reading

Multi-coloured Building

This is another mix of the last two days of my week in Hong Kong, the Friday was spent visiting the Chi Lin Nunnery and Nan Lian Gardens which I already posted about. Afterwards we went to the Mong Kok area to see the goldfish market, before that we walked around the flower market. There are lots of markets to visit in this area, we had already been to Ladies Market and Temple Night market. Then we got back to Hong Kong Island and went for our delicious afternoon tea, which you have already heard about.

The Saturday was just me as Arlene flew back one day earlier, I started off the day by visiting the Andy Warhol exhibition which I really enjoyed. I then visited an area which I had wanted to see for a few days in Wan Chi. Stone Nullah Lane has the historic Blue house, named so because of lovely blue colour painted externally. It is one of the few remaining tenement balcony buildings in HK. As you can see next door is the yellow house and there was also an orange house.

Then I walked around the financial district looking at all the amazing tall building, the fancy shops and just watching all the people. I also had a look inside St John Cathedral, from there I continued walking until my feet started to ache. The last photo is my favorite building, everything about it is interesting from the shape to the colours.

Then it was back to my hotel, to start to pack and a very early wake up call. The whole week in Hong Kong just amazing and would recommend a visit to anyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment