Wednesday 27 November 2013

Burn Baby Burn!








Two weeks ago at work we had what is more than likely the last forest day of the year and maybe until March or April, depending of the weather.

It was cold but luckily not too bad, at least in the beginning! The forecast for rain was for later on in the day, as usual we got the children to help find wood for our fire. This usually means that some come with huge branches or long logs.  Making a fire is not something that I have ever done and nor do I think I could do it, thankfully that is left up to the other two members of team Amanda and Tobias.

The kids always love to have a day out in forest and they get to climb, collect lots of natural material and get very dirty. Once the fire is ready the sauages are put on to cook and are eaten with bread, this time we decided to roast marroni, which are chestnuts. At this time of year it is quite common to see marroni stands everywhere.


1 comment:

  1. I'm sure the kids had a blast! You were lucky with the weather - had you gone this week you might have frozen your butt off ;-)

    Yum, marroni! I just had my first of the season today.

    ReplyDelete