Saturday 7 November 2015

Autumn Sights!


Pumpkin field

Bächlihof

Chestnuts

Autumn colours

Kew Gardens


Chestnut tree in Kew Gardens


Kew Gardens

Colourful Pumpkins

Halloween Fun!


Autumn is my favorite season, I like the colours of the leaves and the fact that is not too hot anymore! There is usually a lot on during the autumn months, harvest, Halloween and in Switzerland it is lantern time (rabeliechtli). This happens in November many towns have parades, it is a turnip hollowed out with designs on it. The one in Richterswil is well known, this year it will take place on Saturday 14th November, definitely worth seeing if you have not seen it!

Halloween is still not a big thing in Switzerland, so there is not so much to buy if you are wanting to celebrate. I had a party last weekend and that was fun!

As I mentioned in my last post about the brave squirrel I saw in Brighton, I also saw quite a few in Kew Gardens too!

The two pumpkin farms we visited also has lots of lovely autumn sights from the selection of pumpkins and other types, haystacks for the kids and good food.

There are usually lots of chestnut sellers in Switzerland they start in September and carry on until March!

Hope you are all having a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment