Monday 29 February 2016

February Books



Hello lovely people, the month of February is done and dusted! Dam that was fast! I got through 7 books, holy smoke!

About Face by Donna Leon is another story with Guido Brunetti of the Venice police force. I have not read so many of her books, and this one was at the book swap so I thought I would try it. It is ok and I would read another but I would not buy one of her books.

The Summer Without Men by Siri Hustvedt this is a short book, so it did not take long to get through it, again it was okay story but nothing special. Here is a review from the Guardian to explain the book.

Elizabeth is Missing by Emma Healey is about Maud who has dementia and tries to find out what has happened to her friend Elizabeth. Here is another review about this book, I was interested to read that the book rights have been sold for TV.

A German Requiem by Philip Kerr is about Bernie Gunther private eye who is sent to Vienna in 1947 to help with an ex Kripo colleague which faces a murder charge. I really enjoyed this book and look forward to read more in this series.

The next two books Percy Jackson and the Titian`s Curse by Rick Riordan and Percy Jackson and the Battle of the Labyrinth also by Rick Riordan. I really liked these two books, in fact I bought then for Alessio but so far he has not read them. I was disappointed to hear that they will not be making anymore movies.

Finally The Dandelion Years by Erica James, this one I also really liked set in the present and during WWII. Saskia finds an old diary and begins to read it, about two people working at Bletchley Park and a romance that begins between. I find that time during the war very interesting and would love to visit Bletchley Park one day.

My reading challenge about reading a crime novel set in different countries continues with Germany, Austria and Italy.


Links to check out!

Mother`s Day is in the Uk this coming Sunday
Chris Rock and the Oscars
Another blog I like
More about Donald Trump!



No comments:

Post a Comment