Monday 1 February 2016

January Reading


Goodbye January and hello February! So in January I got through 5 books and most of them I really enjoyed. The first book I already mentioned in my last post about the scones. I am also going to do a reading challenge of my own, which is to read at least one crime novel set in different countries, well obviously I have started quite good with 3 books that cover this challenge!

The Chessmen by Peter May is the final book in the trilogy and it was a good read. Set in the Western Isle as were the other two, it involves Fin Macleod who is now head of security of a private estate. A plane is uncovered after a long long time and the questions are who is on the plane and was this person murdered. It has made me want to visit this part of Scotland!

Unwanted by Kristina Ohlsson is the first in the series of Fredrika Bergman and Alex Recht, this was also a good read. I already have another one of this series to read. It is set in Sweden, a young child is taken off a train, no ones sees anything. The police team are tasked with finding out the answers before something happens to the child.

Buried by Jussi Adler-Olsen, this was the book that I did not enjoy so much, I cannot really say why, set in Copenhagen it is another crime book. The detective is Carl Morck and he heads Department Q which looks at cold cases.

Finally The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins which I am sure most people know about this book. It is to be made into a film with Emily Blunt, I enjoyed this book, it sounds like an Agatha Christie and in fact I thought it might be little like it. I suppose it is a little like one as the lead character Rachel takes it onto herself to investigate some suspicious circumstances.


Other books news!

If you are waiting for the next Fifty Shades, it will only be out next year but they announced who will play Mrs Robinson. A good choice I think!

It is all about the name when it comes to a book being a bestseller

Good for this young girl!

Some Potter news, Beatrix Potter that is!


No comments:

Post a Comment