Friday 29 July 2016

Ironman Weekend













Last weekend was the Ironman and I went along on both days with friends as we knew two people taking part. On Saturday was the Triathlon, Markus Galli was participating and the distances were 500m swim, 20km bike ride and 5km run. As you can see from one of the photos Markus did all this in 1.30.08, there was a small group of us gathered to cheer him on!

Sunday was the Ironman race and David Winterbottom was participating in this, again group of us gathered to cheer him on too and wait at the finishing line. The distances were 3.8km swim, 180km bike ride and finally 42.2km run (yes a freaking marathon). I believe David did his race in 11 hours 35min. (don`t know the seconds)

Well done to both of them! What an amazing feat!

I also want to wish my sister Elena the best of luck on her first triathlon Wee Beastie Triathlon at Loch Lomond (such a great name). I do wish I could be there to cheer her on, but I know she will do well!

For me this weekend I am going to see the F1 race in Hockenheim, this is a first for me and really looking forward to it!

Wishing you all a great weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment