|Dom Luis 1|
|Church of Saint lldefonso|
|Casa Do Musica|
|Castle do Quejio|
Alessio and I spent 4 days in Porto as part of our summer holiday, and I have to say that it is an amazing city. It is a very hilly city so we spent a lot of time wondering up and down the streets, but at least we were getting some exercise in the process!
I will name of the things we saw in Porto:
1) Riberia Square, this is part of the historical centre of the city and designated World Heritage by UNESCO. It is really a lovely area to walk around, full of colour and fantastic buildings!
2)Dom Luis 1 Bridge, this is quite the focal point of all the bridges, Alessio and I walked along with both top and lower desks.
3) Boat trip on the river Douro, the cruise passes under 6 bridges and gives information about them all!
4) Churches, there are so many in this city and they are all beautiful with fantastic tiles!
5) Casa da Musica, this is a major concert hall
6)Livraria Lello, this bookstore is famous as rumor has it that J K Rowling took inspiration from here for the Harry Potter books! It is a fantastic store though, although you pay 3 euros to enter and if you buy a book then the entrance fee is taken off! Of course we bought two books, it was so busy but worth it if you like books!
7) Beaches, there are many up the coast and possible to get there by bus. We went to the Sea Life centre but was not impressed. I have been to a few and none seem worth the money.
Next post will continue with more sights in Porto!