Monday 10 October 2016

September Reading List



September was a good month in terms of reading as I was off and had loads of time! I got through 8 books, I enjoyed them all some more than others of course!

The Woman in Blue by Elly Griffiths, the latest installment with Ruth Galloway and DCI Harry Nelson. I love this series and look forward to the next one!

The Disappearance of Emily Marr by Louise Candlish, set in France and England, Tabby Dewhurst arrives on an island off the coast of France. She has no money and overhears someone saying the access code for a house out loud. Thinking she can stay there for a while, the owner comes back and she meet Emily. She gets to know Emily and realises that things are not what they seem regarding her new friend.

Something to Hide by Deborah Moggach, I really enjoyed this book, taking place in different parts of world, US, China, England and West Africa.

Random Violence by Jassy Mackenzie, another story with the PI Jade de Jong, set in South Africa.

The Secret Ways of Perfume by Cristina Caboni, set in Florence and Paris, tells the story of a family who are perfumiers. Elena decides to leave Florence after breaking up with her boyfriend and go to Paris and try to begin a new life making perfumes again.

The Chosen by Kristina Ohlsson, Fredrika Bergman and Alex Recht are again involved in a new crime in Stockholm. I have read these books completely out of order so will try to get the ones I have not read yet.

The Killing of Polly Carter by Robert Thorogood, this is set in a island in the Caribbean, DI Richard Poole investigate the murder of supermodel Polly Carter.

The Taxidermist´s Daughter by Kate Mosse, I really enjoyed this novel set in 1912 in Sussex.


For my reading challenge I read a crime novel from South Africa and an island in the Caribbean.


Some book blogs to check out:

Cleopatra love books, I found this blog recently

A Little Blog of Books, another blog I like

I am thinking of getting this book The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton. At over 700 pages it is quite a long book, but it sounds very interesting and is set in New Zealand. It won the Man Booker Prize in 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment