Friday 9 December 2016

November Reading List


I got through 6 books in November and for my crime novel reading challenge I read books from China and Laos.

Under a Cornish Sky by Liz Fenwick, I have read a few of her other books and like them, I enjoyed this one too. I do so want to visit this part of England (I think I said that the last time too) hopefully one day!

Disco for the Departed by Colin Cotteril, this is a crime novel set in Laos, not a country I know lots about. It was okay, not sure I will read another in this series though.

My Map of you by Isabelle Broom, I really like this book, easy to read and part of it set in a Greek island.

Eileen by Ottessa Moshfegh, this is certainly a strange book. I read lots of reviews about it and some were good, some not so good but decided to try it. It is a bit out of my comfort zone this type of book, I did find it interesting and glad that I read it, not sure what else to say about it. Here is a review from the Guardian.

Rivers of London by Ben Aaronovitch, this book got from the book swap I go too. It a series and this is the first one about magic and the supernatural. I would be keen to read more in the series.

The Firemaker by Peter May, this was my favourite and it was set in China. I really am looking forward to read the next one.

Sorry that I have not really mentioned what the storyline is in each book, but not really so good at that!

Wishing you all a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment