Wednesday 15 November 2017

October Reading List



October has been and went and I managed to read 6 books, not too bad! Here is the list:

The Day is Dark by Yrsa Sigurdardottir, I have read a few of her books and have liked them all and this is no exception. Plus it was set on Greenland which I find very interesting. Again it features Thora Gudmundsdottir, a lawyer who goes to Greenland with a bunch of other people to investigate some serious crime.


The Miniaturist by Jesse Burton, set in Amsterdam in 1686, Nella Oortman arrives in the city newly married. The review in the link is not the best but I did enjoy it!

Rush Oh by Shirley Barrett, this is tale of whaling at the beginning of the 20th century in Australia. Told by the eldest daughter and all the happenings of the family as they try to survive through killing whales. As I do not like to hear of whale killing I thought it would be a hard book to get through but it was ok.

Murder in the Marais by Cara Black, this is the first in the series with French/American PI Aimeé Leduc. I liked it because it is set in Paris but I would read more of the series too.

Dark Suits and Sad Songs by Denzil Meryrick, third in the series of DCI Daley and his team investigating murders.

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows, this is set during the WW2 and also just after the end of the war. Writer Juliet Ashton correspond with the people of Guernsey about their life on the island during the occupation by the Germans. I loved this book and have seen it is to be made into a movie too!



Here are a few links to check out!

If you are a fan of John Green then you will be happy with his new book Turtles All the Way Down

Philip Pullman has a new book out, I am just reading His Dark Materials trilogy and am loving it. Here is the man himself answering questions.

The amount of plastics we use is just terrible and now it has been found in sea creatures in the remotest places on Earth.

I am a big fan of Instagram, so here are some pics!

Last of all, while we were away last month on holiday we visited the city of Rotterdam and one of the places I wanted to see were the fantastic Cubic Houses. I loved them and you can even see inside one too! If you happen to be in Rotterdam or are going definitely visit them!!

Have a good rest of the week!!


No comments:

Post a Comment