Friday 5 January 2018

Christmas Holiday in Scotland




Aberdour Castle

Dunfermline Abbey


St.Andrews


Dundee


Broughty Ferry Decorations


Afternoon Tea

Scottish Breakfast




The Christmas holidays are finished for me at least and was back to work this week, albeit only one day! Alessio and I had a lovely time in Scotland and were kept busy each day, always something to occupy us.

We went to see Star Wars: The Last Jedi with my sister and her kids, this seems to be a Christmas Eve tradition and we all really enjoyed the movie.

We did lots of eating and drinking which is to be expected, first at my sister`s home on Christmas Day and then on New Year`s Day at my parents.

In between we had two birthdays to celebrate, first up was my birthday (29th Dec) and we visited the Kingsbarns Distillery and Visitor Centre. We went on a gin tour and I got to sample a few gins, this has become my favorite tipple now. It was an interesting tour and would recommend it. Both my father and myself bought a bottle each. In the evening we went to a Tapas restaurant for dinner with my sister and her family.

The next day was my mother`s birthday and we went to the Double Tree by Hilton Dundee for afternoon time with my sister Elena and her youngest son Jamie. It was nice and we left feeling very full indeed!

In between I was busy buying bits and bobs and Alessio used up his sports voucher buying Barcelona kit. We also visited some family members which I like to do as I don`t see them that much. Alessio also decided to do some embroidery like my father does and the last picture is all his own work! Well done Alessio!

We had a one day trip on a cold but sunny day, we visited 3 places Aberdour Castle, Culross and Dunfermline Abbey. I will post more about that day at a later date!

Hogmany evening was spent with my sister and family getting a little bit drunk! Which I sorely suffered the next day!

There is also another birthday around this time my nephew Jamie turned 13 on 3rd January. Happy Birthday Jamie!

I hope you all had a wonder Christmas and New Year! Wishing you all a fantastic 2018!




No comments:

Post a Comment