Sunday 4 February 2018

December Reading List





In December I read 10 books and the last 6 I did while on holiday in Scotland and mainly I read so fast so I would not have to take them all back to Zurich.

The Riviera Express by TP Fielden, the first in a new series postwar set in Devon, with a Miss Judy Dimont who is the sleuth/reporter. It is a little like an Agatha Christie in a way and quite enjoyable. I did like the cover and that is what attracted me to the book!

The Crane Wife by Patrick Ness, I got this book through a book subscription club I decided to sign up for and while I probably would not have chosen this myself it was quite an interesting book.

Christmas Under s Cranberry Sky by Holly Martin, this was a real easy read and you just know how it will finish.

Whispers Underground by Ben Aaronovitch, I am really enjoying this series set in the magical/supernatural world with PC Peter Grant. This is the third novel in the series.

Everyone Brave is Forgiven by Chris Cleave, set during WW11 in London and Malta. I like novels set during the second world war and this was very good.

Snakehead by Peter May, another in the China series but this time set in USA, it is a good series.

Absolution by Caro Ramsay, this was my first novel by the Scottish writer and it spans over 20years and it was very gripping.

Winter by Christopher Nicholson, this novel was not my favorite and I sometimes found it hard to enjoy.

In This Grave Hour by Jacqueline Winspear, I do like her books and I like her as a character too. She is always busy working for herself or for the state.

Murderabilia by Craig Robertson, this is the 6th book in the Narey and Winter series. I have only read one beforehand and now this, both I enjoyed.

So for 2017 I read 87 books and my challenge was for 70 so I did well on that. My personal reading challenge which was to read a new author for each letter of the alphabet also went well but did not get all the letters. I think the letters Y, X  and one more I did not get.

This year I set my Goodreads challenge at 75 books and have not bothered with any other reading challenges.

How did you all get on with reading last year?

No comments:

Post a Comment