Wednesday 4 July 2018

A Long Weekend in Riga, Part 1

Monument to the Red Latvian Riflemen

Vansu Bridge

National Library


Riga Castle



Dome Square

Riga Cathedral

The Three Brothers

Dome Square





One of the long weekends we had early in Spring Alessio and I went to Riga, which is the capital of Latvia. Riga had been on my list of cities to visit for ages, so I was glad to finally cross it off!

It is such a lovely and colourful city in which we mainly just wondered around the enjoying all the scenery. We did do the hop on/off tourist bus which Alessio likes to do, I am not so bothered either way. I had planned to go on a day trip to the city of Jurmala, which is on the sea but in the end decided to stay in Riga and visit some museums.

I had so many photos that I decided to do two posts about Riga and the next one will come after our holidays.

So it is nearly the start of the school holidays for Alessio, the rest of this week and next week and finally we go on our big, big trip! We both can`t wait!!

Have a great mid week!


No comments:

Post a Comment