Saturday 6 July 2019

May Reading List







Hello, and welcome to my blog, it is time to post about my reading during May. I read 9 books, but 3 have no photos.

Loch of the Dead by Oscar de Muriel - I really adore this series set in Scotland about two inspectors and a touch of the supernatural. It is set in 1899 and based in Edinburgh. The covers are just awesome. I have now read most of them just one to go and I will be up to date.

The Fire Court by Andrew Taylor - this is the second in this trilogy, very much enjoying this series too. It is a historical novel set after the Great Fire of London, which continues from the first The Ashes of London.

The Flower Girls by Alice Clark -Platts - drama and crime novel, it could be a difficult read as it is about a child murder.

Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness - this is the second of the All Souls Trilogy, in this book Diana and Matthew time travel back to 16th century London

Finale by Stephanie Gerber - the final of this trilogy and I was really glad to find out what happens to Tell and Scarlet.

The Devouring Gray by Christine Lynn Herman - this is a YA novel, set in US and involves having special powers and a monster killing people in the village

The Parisian by Isabelle Hammad - this was like a huge history lesson for me, the main character is Midhat Kamal, a young Palestinian man and his journey from Nablus, Cairo, Istanbul, Montpellier and Paris.

The Dollmarker by Nina Allan - the main character ends up creating dolls and writes to a women in a home, who is interested in a woman who made dolls too

The Lost Plot by Genevieve Cogman - the fourth in the Invisible Library series


All interesting books hard to pick a favourite though, so maybe I will choose The Fire Court and least favourite was The Devouring Gray.

I am still going to do the 365 Book Photo Challenge, I thought I would have been able to post it already but I missed out some days so hopefully it will be posted soon.

Have a great weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment