Wednesday 3 July 2019

Postcards from Edinburgh















A trip to Scotland without visiting Edinburgh just doesn't seen right, hence why while I was there in April we had a day trip to the city. Along with my father and Alessio we hit the road.

One of the main reasons I wanted to go was to see Dean Village, I had seen lots of lovely pictures from there so I fancied a walk around. I already did a post about Dean Village, so you can check it out if you want to see the photos.

Afterwards we walked up to The Royal Mile and went to The Writers´ Museum, located in Lady
Stair´s Close. We also visited National Museum of Scotland, which we have been to a few times, there is so much to see and do. We went up to the rooftop terrace (when we eventually found the way) and were treated to a lovely view.

Afterwards we slowly made our way back to St.Andrews bus station to take us back to where we had parked the car. Edinburgh is not at all good for parking and when you do find it, it is expensive. My father drove us to a park and ride, which is good value.

Alessio and I will be back in Scotland in August and I will be going to the Edinburgh Fringe along with my sister and her husband. I also hope to visit another time and go to the Edinburgh Book Festival and see one or two of the many authors that come.

Happy Mid Week



No comments:

Post a Comment