Wednesday 3 April 2013

Eiffel Tower








Visiting the Eiffel Tower is a must as far as I am concerned when in Paris, it is my favorite monument. Every time I visit Paris, this was the 4th time I always go and see it, I never tire of seeing this lovely site. This time around I got to see it at night, which may be the first time for me! It was a very cold evening and I would have liked to hung around more but really it was freezing cold. Once every hour is sparkled amazing blue lights.

The Eiffel Tower is 320m high and is the tallest structure in Paris, it was erected in 1889 for the
World Fair and is named after the french engineer, Gustave Eiffel. There is a lift which takes you up to the highest level, but if you feeling fit you can walk up to the second level, around 660 steps.

It was the tallest structure in the world when it was completed in 1889, then the Chrsyler Building got that title.

No comments:

Post a Comment