Monday 23 January 2012

Rote Fabrik

On my way into Zurich with the Bus I always pass the Rote Fabrik (Red Factory) and I kept on meaning one day to walk around to see all the wall art. Finally in the last weekend of November Alessio and I went for a few hours. Last year saw its 30 years anniversary, the building itself was an old mill and is now an cultural centre.

Lot of fascinating pictures of on the walls to look at, and playground to keep the kids happy. In summer you can sit outside and enjoy the lake, sipping a cuppuccino or beer.






I like this one with the rocket blasting off!
There are also lots of cultural events going on like exhibitions, theatre, music bands and discussions. I have been a couple of times to see bands play.
Check out the trainers hanging!

Tall chimney which you do not often see anymore.
Well worth for a walk around and, maybe there is something on you like too, if not then stop for a drink!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you had all this street art too! Although I used to find it offensive (and still sort of do in some places like Rome), I've come to really appreciate it in certain cities. Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete