Friday 7 July 2017

Paris Postcards

Eglise de la Trinité



New Opera House



Place Vendome



Banque de France

Place des Victories- Statue of Louis XIV


Cool cafe on Rue Etienne Marcel


Church Saint Eustache

Place René Cassin - Statue  The Listener

At the end of May I visited Paris with Alessio, the main reasons were to visit the Palace of Versailles and Monet`s House and Gardens. It was a very hot few days which didn`t help when we were standing in long queues for the two main places!

I decided to pick a hotel in an area of Paris which I had not seen before and near to the train station Saint Lazare. Personally I think walking around Paris is one of the joys of this city, there is so much to see and do!

Actually the only part of the city which we saw again was the Eiffel Tower and that was because Alessio wanted to see it again. I have to admit that I also like to see the tower too. I also met up with a friend Heidi and we got to see her lovely baby girl Maya.

Our final day we only had the morning until lunchtime so we made the most of it, we walked to the Place Vendome and from there we wondered to Place des Victories. Then I discovered a really great part of Paris, lots of fantastic shops, markets and cafe/restaurants. The Rue Montorgueil in the 1st and 2nd arrondissement, is a pedestrian area. Not just this street but the others around are all very interesting and I wish I had known about it before. I would highly recommend a visit if anyone goes to Paris!!

Wishing you all a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment