Monday 6 March 2017

February Reading List



I read 7 books in February and two were for my reading challenge!

The Vegetarian by Han Kang, this book won the International Man Booker award in 2016. It certainly was not my favorite book in this pile. It was a bit strange to say the least, well I thought so!

Vinegar Girl by Anne Tyler, I did enjoy this book quite a lot, it is a re-writing of Taming of The Shrew by Shakespeare.

Songs of the Skylark by Erica James, I really enjoyed this book, set in two different periods telling two stories related to each other.

Let the Northern Lights Erase Your Name by Vendela Vida, this book I thought would be interesting as I was going to Iceland and hoped to see the Northern Lights (which I did not by the way) it was okay but nothing special.

The Rat Stone Serenade by Denzil Meyrick, this is the 4th book in the series and I really like it, although I have not read the 2nd and 3rd ones.

A Brief Affair by Margaret Leroy, I seem to be reading books which are partly or competely set during WWII. This one is set in London and during the blitz.

Black Rabbit Hall by Eve Chase, this one is set in Cornwall and London spanning many decades and it was very good!


For my reading challenge I got two letter C and T, the two new authors were Eve Chase and Anne Tyler.


So links to check out:

It is hard to imagine that so kids have never bought any books but World Book Day helped in this regard

Barack Obama and Michelle get book deals!

Alec Baldwin has been awesome as pretending to be President Trump now he will co-write a satirical book with another writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment