Monday 26 February 2018

Stornoway, Isle of Lewis












Last summer Alessio and I, along with my parents spent one week in the Outer Hebrides. For around 3 days we stayed in Stornoway, which is the largest town in the Outer Hebrides with around 8,000 inhabitants.

We visited Lews Castle, where we explored the new Museum am Eilean and it tells the history of the islands and we saw the famous Lewis Chessman.

We wondered around the shop and some of the buildings are colourful like in Tobermory, but not as nice! We spent most of our days visiting other sites on the island like Callanish Stones, Dun Carloway, Gearrannan Blackhouse and Butt of Lewis.

On Saturday I visited with Alessio my friend Katrina and her lovely little baby Ellie along with Hannah. On Sunday, my in-laws,  Luca and Andrea with their kids Valerio and Mattia came for brunch.

Have a lovely week!




No comments:

Post a Comment