Wednesday 23 May 2018

April Reading List





During the month of April I got through 9 books, (sorry about the blurry last photo) and here they are in no particular order:

The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden, this is the first in a trilogy set in Russia. I will definitely be reading the second one!

The Angel`s Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafron, this is set in Barcelona and also to do with books and writers. I very much enjoyed it!

Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys, this is set in the Caribbean and tells the story of the first Mrs Rochester.

Swimming Lessons by Claire Fuller, I liked how the past in this book was written through letters written from a wife to her husband.

Coffin Road by Peter May, a stand alone book set in the Outer Hebrides, but it does have a character from his Lewis trilogy.

The Ask and The Answer by Patrick Ness, the second book in this trilogy, loving this series very much.

Dark Matter by Blake Crouch, definitely an interesting read!

Circling The Sun by Paula McClean, the life of Beryl Markham.

The Girl Who Takes An Eye For An Eye by David Lagercrantz, continuing the story of Lisbeth Salander. I think this is the second in this series written by David Lagercrantz and the death of Stieg Larsons.


Hope you had a great reading month too!


I have actually got some books mixed up with May and missed some April books out completely.

I actually read Wide Sargasso Sea and The Angel`s Game in May.

I the four books I missed were Sometimes I Lie by Alice Feeney, The Woman in the Window by A J Finn, A Spy by Nature by Charles Cummings and Entry Island by Peter May

So in the end I read 10 books, what a muddle!



No comments:

Post a Comment