Tuesday 1 May 2018

Bucharest, Romania Part 1

















For the Easter break I went to Bucharest with my friend Arlene, driving is not for the faint hearted and our taxi ride from the airport was quite an experience!

I did not know much about Bucharest before we were there, I did read lots of blogs about the city and of people who had visited the city so that helped me a bit. I guess most of them mention that the city is not the prettiest of cities! And to be honest it turned out to be true, lots of rundown buildings and not much colour!

Little by little we managed to find some areas that looked cool with bar, cafes and interesting shops. The Romanian people were always were nice and helpful when we got a bit lost or when we spoke in shops and restaurants. By the end of our trip we decided to call Bucharest edgy and gritty which we thought was quite positive!

My parents are here visiting at the moment and on Sunday we had a lovely day visiting Säntis mountain and the next few days will be quite busy too!

Hope everyone had a lovely 1st of May day!

No comments:

Post a Comment