Monday 9 January 2017

December Reading List



Last month I read 7 books and I finished off my reading challenge too! In the Goodreads I challenged myself to read more than 50 books and I surpassed that target. So this year I upted it 70 books let us see if I manage it!

The Lavender Ladies Detective Agency by Minna Lingren is set in Helsinki, Finland and it is a crime novel. A couple of ladies in their nursing home decide to investigate the death of an employee at the nursing home.

Dead Joker by Anne Holt, another in the series of Hanne Wilhelmsen a police inspector of the Oslo police. I am getting through this series albeit in the wrong order, which is a shame!

Crime at Christmas by C H B Kitchin, getting in the Christmas spirit so to speak minus people being killed part of it! A bit like an Agatha Christie where one of the guests starts to investigate the crimes and a police detective is also around.

I Can See In The Dark by Karen Fossum, sorry but I did not like this book at all!

The Killing of Bobbi Lomax by Cal Moriarty, this crime novel is set in the USA, where 3 explosions set off in 24hours causes many problems for the police.

The Bird That Did Not Sing by Alex Gray, I think I am up to date in this series set in Glasgow and DCI William Lorimer.

The Seafront Tea Rooms by Vanessa Green, a nice and easy read, I enjoyed this one a lot!


In my own reading challenge I read crime novels from 22 different countries! I have started another reading challenge and it is as follows picking a new author and their surname begins with each letter of the alphabet. I am rather pleased with this and it is always good to try out new authors. I have already finished with the letter A!

I wish you all good reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment