Monday 25 February 2019

A Trek Around Bali, Indonesia


















During the Christmas holidays I went to Bali, Indonesia for 6 days with my friend Arlene and her daughter India. During this time we did two day trips around the island. We had a guide/driver called Eddie and he was really good and funny.

Our first stop was the Tegallalang rice fields they were quite beautiful. You can walk around the fields but I had heard that there are poisonous snakes so that put me off walking there. I enjoyed looking at the views instead. There are numerous places where you can sit and take photos in a special areas, (posing nests) this of course costs money. Also there are many places that have the Bali swing, it is very popular.

Afterwards we carried on to a coffee plantation, there we saw how they make the famous Bali "poo" coffee. Kopi Luwak is the name in Indonesian, is basically a animal called Asian Palm Civet, that eats the coffee cherries, they get fermented and then they pass out through their poo. It is one of the most expensive coffee in the world and I can attest to that as I bought some.

Our next stop was the Tirta Empul Water Temple, as with many temples you have to where a sarong. There are usually ones at each temple which you can use and give a small donation. It was quite busy as many people were doing the water purification ritual.

Our last stop was the Tegenungan waterfall, it is quite a trek down to the bottom, but it is well worth it. Of course when we were going back up I was not quite so sure. There were many people bathing, others just sitting around and enjoying the rest before the hike back up.

The whole day was really great and we saw lots of wonderful sights. I would recommend our driver/guide, so if you want his details I can pass them on.

Have a good start to the week, everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment